Can you believe that 2012 is almost over? We definitely can’t! It has been an amazing year for us and growth for us and more importantly for our clients has been amazing. In the tradition of a good old list we will attempt to summarize all that we have learned in the year 2012. . . here we go.
- Social Media continues to drive traffic regardless of all of the stories that it will cool off
- Mobile continues to gain ground. Even though we have been talking about mobile for sometime, it continues to get more and more important as consumers become more and more intimate with their wireless devices.
- Don’t throw out the baby with the bath water. We are huge advocates of all things online when it comes to marketing, but we can’t ignore those things that work and reach your audience. An integrated strategy is almost always the answer to a good campaign.
- Don’t eat sushi from a gas station. Enough said.
- Video. Seriously, if you’re not using it you’re just being stubborn at this point.
- Pay attention to what your customers tell you. We love metrics. Looking at numbers and interpreting what your clients are thinking and doing is forever useful. That said, if you have the metrics and they tell you something do it. You might just be surprised at the result.
- Playing a game of football with a group of friends only once a year is not a good idea.
- Be committed to being flexible
Here’s to a great 2012 and to an even better 2013 (assuming the Mayans were wrong of course)!